National Burger Day: Sweet Peach Brioche Burger
Tomorrow is National Burger Day! We thought we’d celebrate with a twist on on the classic with our own sweet burger, perfect for brunch or dessert.
2 raisin brioche swirls (if you cant find these, any other kind of brioche will work just as well)
Knob of butter
1 ripe peach
2tsp mascarpone cheese
½tsp vanilla extract
Pinch ground cinnamon
½tsp icing sugar
2 amaretti biscuits
1tbsp runny honey
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Halve the peach and place in an ovenproof dish, cut side up. Drizzle with honey. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. Mix the mascarpone, vanilla, cinnamon and icing sugar together in a bowl. Set to one side.
3. Just before the peaches are ready, whisk together the egg and milk in a shallow dish. Halve the brioche swirls and soak in the egg mixture until it has disappeared.
4. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat and cook the brioche until golden brown on both sides.
5. Stack the peach on top of the brioche, top with mascarpone and a crumbled amaretti. Drizzle with honey and maybe eat vegetables for the rest of the day.