Holidaying at Home with Sainsbury's
This sponsored by Sainsbury’s.
What a summer we are having, I can’t ever remember one like it and it’s still only July! It makes planning get togethers so much easier when the forecast has sun, sun and more sun in store. As you know I love going to the beach, sadly I don’t live as close to one as I did a couple of months ago, but I’ll take any excuse I can to get back to Margate. Thanet is truly blessed with some beautiful spots, so I've teamed up with Sainsbury's Home and their Fiesta collection to share my top tips for holidaying at home this summer:
1) Make an occasion of it. It involves a bit of preparation but it is worth packing the extra special items such as tea light holders, cutlery and trays to serve your drinks on.
2) A cool bag is an essential! Make sure you have ice packs inside to keep all your food cool, it’s surprising how long they keep things chilled for. I love these Fiesta ones so much, I now have two!
3) Make plans with friends to each be in charge of one thing. For example, if you bring all the plates, glasses and cutlery, get each person to bring a different food element so it doesn’t become overwhelming.
4) Bring games to play with, and even prizes for the winners. I spent so long playing with this bat and ball, and had so much fun!
5) Don’t be afraid of bright colours, nothing says summer holiday more than lots of fun colour pops. The Fiesta range is perfect for this!
6) A food cover is not only great to look at it, but it also is really practical. Going that extra mile will make for a fun day out, and eating less sand can only be a good thing surely?!
Check out the Sainsbury's home website for more ideas and inspiration for the home for this summer!